You want to make a difference in the world? Does FabLab rings a bell to you?
We take advantage of this month newsletter to share an exceptional project with you. Michel Massé, CEO of USIMM and board member of EchoFab DD, feels privileged to be a part of this initiative: «After 25 years in the business, I now feel the need to share with members of my communauty. What a great opportunity to do it with EchoFab!»
FIRST FABLAB IN MONTREAL-EAST
EchoFab DD is the first digital manufacture in East Montreal. It’s now a worldwide phenomenon with more than 1251 FabLab accross the globe. This partnership project between non-profit organizations Communautique et Boscoville will create:
- a new generation of competent and innovative entrepreneurs,
- in-house expertise that will enable the companies to adapt to the new manufacturing realities.
In short, a FabLab is a place to play, create, learn, coach and innovate.
BRINGRING PEOPLE TOGETHER TOWARDS THE FUTURE
FabLab’s mandate is to create synergy between industry, research and citizen. It provides tools and concepts to SME executives and to new and future entrepreneurs (highschool and college students) to help them design long-term and innovant projects. The facility features a number of state-of-the-art technologies such as CNC-laser cutting machine, 3D printers, drones, etc.
According to the United Nations Development Programme, the green economy is defined as an economy that aims at reducing environmental risks and ecological scarcities, and that aims for sustainable development without degrading the environment.
Positioning itself as a green digital manufacturing player, the project promote the development of green products and processes in East Montreal. It wants to rethink the connection betwen humans and nature in order to achieve a durable digital economy.
VARIETY OF SERVICES
For industry professionals:
- Digital manufacturing and green entrepreneurship training for entrepreneurs
- Digital manufacturing and green entrepreneurship coaching for SME executives
For future entrepreneurs:
- Digital manufacturing and eco-design induction training for school boards, cegeps and students
For naturally curious people:
- Public access to the manufacture (everyone!)